So I'm in the 10th month of being unemployed / underemployed and just can't seem to find anything to do full-time, UGH!! I'm barely even getting any calls for interviews. So what am I to do? Some days I feel so depressed about it and others I'm OK with everything. I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster these days, and believe it or not I normally like roller coasters, but I'm definitely ready to get off of this one.
So with the new year I'm beginning to see things in a new brighter light... I'm hopeful that now that the holidays are over that the right job will be out there for me. I do enjoy being home with the kids when they're out of school, so maybe there's a part-time job that would help to bring a little income to our family without sacrificing my time with them. I would enjoy staying home full-time more if my children were still little and home during the day, but with them gone all day I've taken the habit of spending more time with and talking to my four-legged babies, LOL They'll be the ones who really miss me when I do find a suitable job.
And then to add insult to injury the Maryland DLLR penalized me and denied my unemployment benefits until I go back to work for 10 weeks. Why, you ask?? Because the BOE, in which I'm a substitute teacher for, left an automated message on my phone offering a one-day subbing position on the day I was in OH with my husband attending his Mother's viewing and funeral. According to the interviewer - this is not a good cause to have refused this job. So I have not received any benefits since October 14, 2008 AND they want me to pay back two weeks worth of benefits that I did receive. UGH!! Today however; the McHubby and I went to an appeal hearing and are relunctantly hopeful that the previous decision will be reversed and I will be paid all of the monies that I haven't received since mid-October.
So... I'm hoping that I will dig myself out of this rut early in the year and get on with a much, much better 2009!!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment